I am Post-doctoral Fellow in Political Science and Adjunct Professor of Political Science at LUISS Guido Carli in Rome. I am a member of CISE (Italian Center for Electoral Studies) and of ITANES (Italian National Election Studies).
My research interests focus on elections, party system change and the processes of party system nationalization and institutionalization in comparative perspective.
I have published articles on Comparative Political Studies, Party Politics, Regional and Federal Studies, Journal of Contemporary European Research, Italian Political Science Review, Contemporary Italian Politics. I have co-edited five e-books on Italian local and national elections and the European Parliament elections published by CISE, and I am the author of several book chapters focusing on party systems, voting behaviour, Italian and European politics.
My monograph, entitled 'Cleavages, institutions, and competition. Understanding vote nationalization in Western Europe (1965-2015)', has been published by Rowman and Littlefield/ECPR Press.
I have also occasionally collaborated with national and local newspapers and magazines such as Monkey Cage - Washington Post, Il Sole 24 Ore, La Repubblica-Palermo, Il Sud, and the online blog of Fondazione Etica.
Here is a detailed list of my current activities:
- Post-doctoral fellow in Political Science, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
Other current activities
- Adjunct Professor of Italian Political System, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
- Teaching Assistant in 'Sistema Politico Italiano, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
- Member of ITANES (Italian National Election Studies)
- Member of SISP (Italian Society of Political Science) and of the SISP Standing Groups C&LS (Candidate and Leader Selection) and POPE (Parties, Public Opinion, Elections)
- Member of CISE (Italian Center for Electoral Studies) directed by Prof. Roberto D’Alimonte
- Member of the ECPR Standing Groups on Political Parties, Southern European Politics, Public Opinion and Voting Behaviour in a Comparative Perspective
- Member of the CES Research Network on Political Parties, Party Systems and Elections
- Member of the Editorial Board of IPS (Italian Political Science)
On this website you can find information about myself, my research, and my teaching through the menu bar at the top of the page.