I am Assistant Professor in Political Science at LUISS Guido Carli in Rome. I am a member of CISE (Italian Center for Electoral Studies) and of ITANES (Italian National Election Studies).
My research interests focus on elections, party system change and the processes of party system nationalization and institutionalization in comparative perspective.
I have published articles on Comparative Political Studies, Party Politics, South European Society and Politics, Government and Opposition, Regional and Federal Studies, Journal of Contemporary European Research, Italian Political Science Review, Contemporary Italian Politics. I have co-edited six e-books on Italian local and national elections and the European Parliament elections published by CISE, and I am the author of several book chapters focusing on party systems, voting behaviour, Italian and European politics.
My monograph, entitled 'Cleavages, institutions, and competition. Understanding vote nationalization in Western Europe (1965-2015)', has been published by Rowman and Littlefield/ECPR Press.
I have also collaborated with national and local newspapers and magazines such as Monkey Cage - Washington Post, Il Sole 24 Ore, La Repubblica-Palermo, Il Sud, and the online blog of Fondazione Etica. I have appeared on national and international broadcasters such as SKYTG24, RaiNews24, France24, ClassCNBC.
Here is a detailed list of my current activities:
- Assistant Professor in Political Science, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
- National scientific qualification for Associate Professorship (30/3/2018-30/3/2024)
Other current activities
- Member of ITANES (Italian National Election Studies)
- Member of SISP (Italian Society of Political Science) and of the SISP Standing Groups C&LS (Candidate and Leader Selection) and POPE (Parties, Public Opinion, Elections)
- Member of CISE (Italian Center for Electoral Studies) directed by Prof. Roberto D’Alimonte
- Member of the ECPR Standing Groups on Political Parties, Southern European Politics, Public Opinion and Voting Behaviour in a Comparative Perspective
- Co-Chair of the CES Research Network on Political Parties, Party Systems and Elections
- Member of the Editorial Board of IPS (Italian Political Science)
On this website you can find information about myself, my research, and my teaching through the menu bar at the top of the page.