I am Assistant Professor in Political Science at LUISS Guido Carli in Rome. I am member of CISE (Italian Center for Electoral Studies), ITANES (Italian National Election Studies), and Co-Chair of the CES Research Network on Political Parties, Party Systems and Elections.
My research focuses mainly on elections, party competition, and party system change.
I have published articles on several national and international journals such as, among others, Comparative Political Studies, Party Politics, West European Politics, Government and Opposition, South European Society and Politics, and Regional and Federal Studies. I have co-edited seven e-books on Italian local and national elections and the European Parliament elections published by CISE, and I am the author of several book chapters focusing on party systems, voting behaviour, Italian and European politics.
My monograph, entitled 'Cleavages, institutions, and competition. Understanding vote nationalization in Western Europe (1965-2015)', has been published by Rowman and Littlefield/ECPR Press.
I have also collaborated with national and international newspapers and magazines such as Monkey Cage - Washington Post, Veja, El Mercurio, Il Sole 24 Ore, La Repubblica-Palermo, Luiss Open, Il Sud, and the online blog of Fondazione Etica. I have appeared on national and international broadcasters such as SKYTG24, RaiNews24, France24, ClassCNBC, ARD, TeleVisa.
Here is a detailed list of my current activities:
- Assistant Professor in Political Science, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome
- National scientific qualification for Associate Professorship (since 30/3/2018)
Other current activities
- Member of ITANES (Italian National Election Studies)
- Member of SISP (Italian Society of Political Science) and of the SISP Standing Groups C&LS (Candidate and Leader Selection) and POPE (Parties, Public Opinion, Elections)
- Member of CISE (Italian Center for Electoral Studies) directed by Prof. Lorenzo De Sio
- Member of the ECPR Standing Groups on Political Parties, Southern European Politics, Public Opinion and Voting Behaviour in a Comparative Perspective
- Co-Chair of the CES Research Network on Political Parties, Party Systems and Elections
- Associate Editor of Frontiers in Political Science - Elections and Representation
- Member of the Editorial Board of IPS (Italian Political Science)
- Member of the Board of Professors of the LUISS Ph.D. in Politics
On this website you can find information about myself, my research, and my teaching through the menu bar at the top of the page.